BY ABDULLAHI ISAH, MAIDUGURI
A suicide bomber suspected to be a of Boko Haram insurgent has detonated an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) strapped on his body in Muna Datti at the outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, killing himself, three members of Civilian Joint Task Force, CJTF, while 17 other people were injured.
Confirming the incident, the Borno State Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), DSP Joseph Kwaji said the suicide bomber who came on a bicycle detonated the IED killing himself and three members of CJTF, while 17 other persons were injured.
He said “on 05/03/2018 at about 2030hrs a male suicide bomber riding on a bicycle detonated IED strapped to his body at Muna Datti area, killing himself and three Civilian JTF members, while 17 people were injured “.
The police said its EOD and patrol teams have since visited the area to certify the area safe and that normalcy has since been restored to the area, while the dead and injured were evacuated to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, UMTH, Maiduguri.
- Twin suicide attack on University of Maiduguri: How Professor, five others were killed; 12 year-old female bomber shot also shot on campus
- 16 killed, 18 others wounded in Maiduguri suicide bomb attacks
- 17 killed, 11 injured in Maiduguri multiple suicide attacks
- Suicide bombers kill 13, wound 53 in Biu market attack
- Multiple bomb attacks kill 18, injure 29 in Maiduguri
- Military confirm 7 dead in Maiduguri suicide bomb attack