President Buhari has approved the appointment of Ambassador Arab Yadam and Dr. Habibat Lawal as acting Director General of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) respectively.
The appointments were made to fill the vacuum created by the suspension of the SGF, Babachir David Lawal, and the DG of the NIA, Ambassador Ayo Oke.
Ambassador Arab Yadam, from Plateau State is said to be the senior Deputy Director General among Oke’s two deputies while Dr. Habibat Lawal, from Bauchi State, is the most senior Permanent Secretary in the Office of the SGF.
- President Buhari receives report of Investigation Committee into allegations against suspended SGF, DG NIA
- FEC put off; President Buhari receives report on SGF, DG NIA
- President Buhari appoints Boss Mustapha new SGF, terminates appointments of Babachir Lawal, Ayo Oke; Receives Asiwaju Tinubu; ‘Hand Lawal, Oke urgently to EFCC, ICPC,’ SERAP urges President
- Corruption: President Buhari suspends SGF and DG NIA
- President Buhari receives Letter of Credence from Egypt, Republic of Benin and Mexico
- Buhari receives report from Acting DG NIPSS, parleys with Participants of Senior Executive Course 39, 2017