Home / Lead Story / President Buhari challenges security agencies on intelligence gathering

President Buhari challenges security agencies on intelligence gathering

The National Security Council meeting in session
By Ismaila Chafe
President Muhammadu Buhari has challenged the nation’s security agencies, particularly the Police and Department of State Services (DSS), to take intelligence-gathering and sharing much more seriously.

The President, who gave the challenge on his official twitter handle;@MBuhari, was speaking on the outcome of the meeting of the National Security Council, which he presided over at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Monday.

President Buhari charged the Police and the DSS to step up their efforts and capacity in checking the activities of criminals across the country.

According to him, the nation’s law enforcement agencies must at all times stay ahead of bandits and criminals.

The President’s post read: “The One of the resolutions from our Security Meeting today is that all our law enforcement agencies must take intelligence-gathering and sharing much more seriously. The Police and DSS especially have been charged to step up their efforts and capacity in this regard.

“Our law enforcement agencies must at all times stay ahead of bandits and criminals, wherever they are across the country, by efficiently gathering, sharing and acting on credible Intelligence. I am assuring that we will give them all the support needed to succeed.

“Let me also assure that all persons arrested so far, including those arrested for illegally possessing arms, will be duly prosecuted. I urge judicial officers to be alive to their responsibilities in this regard, to enable the speedy dispensation of justice.’’

The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, who also spoke on the outcome of the meeting, said it discussed all things that constituted security risks to the nation and solutions were offered by participants of the meeting.

About Global Patriot Staff

Check Also

Ekiti guber: Hold Fayose responsible for latest violence – Adeyeye

 Former Minister of State for Works, Prince Dayo Adeyeye has said that Governor Ayo Fayose …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *