By Joseph Edeh
The FCT Police Command said that it arrested some suspects in connection with the disturbance between operatives of the Directorate of Road Transport Services ( VIO) Taskforce and cab operators at Wuse area of the FCT.
The command’s Spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, in a statement on Wednesday, however, said that normalcy had been restored.
Though, he did not mention the number of suspects arrested.
“Some hoodlums who were trying to take advantage of the false rumor to cause problem in the FCT have been arrested and investigation is in progress,’’ he said.
He said that the disturbance followed a misunderstanding between operatives of VIO Taskforce and cab operators at Wuse.
Manzah said that contrary to speculations making rounds, no life was lost, nor was anyone injured during the disturbance.
The spokesman reiterated the command’s commitment to protect lives and property in the territory.
He advised members of the public to always follow the right channel in expressing their grievances instead of resorting to self-help.
He enjoined residents to go about their lawful businesses as adequate security measures had been deployed by the command.
A Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who was at the scene of the disturbance reports that the incident caused traffic gridlock for several hours.
The cab operators blocked most link routes to Wuse, forcing motorists to take alternative roads.
Many commuters were also stranded as they could not get vehicles to take them to their various destinations.