The United Progressive Party (UPP) has announced the commencement of issuance of nomination forms for those wishing to contest State House of Assembly, National Assembly and Governorship elections on the party’s platform in the 2019 general elections.
According to a statement by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Chief Dike Ogbuehi, the forms will be free for women, physically challenged persons and youths under 30 years of age.
The full statement reads:
UPP COMMENCES ISSUANCE OF NOMINATION FORMS SEPTEMBER 3rd 2018.
The United Progressive Party (UPP) will commence issuance of nomination forms from Monday September 3, 2018 at the party’s National Secretariat, Wuye District, Abuja for all aspirants wishing to contest election on its platform in the following categories: House of Assembly, House of Representatives, Senatorial and Governorship.
The nomination fees to be paid are as reviewed and approved by the National Executive Committee (NEC) in its meeting of 17th August, 2018 in Abuja.
- House of Assembly – N50, 000.00
- House of Representatives – N200, 000.00
- Senatorial – 500,000.00
- Governorship – 3,000,000.00
- Women – Free
- Youths under 30 years – Free
- Physically challenged – Free
( a) Issuance of Nomination Forms for State Houses of Assembly will commence from Monday 3rd September, 2018.
(b) Senate and House of Representatives Nomination Forms will commence from 10th September, 2018
(c) Governorship Nomination Forms will commence from 17th September, 2018.
- All Forms are to be obtained after payment of the requisite fees by a certified Bank Draft in favour of UNITED PROGRESSIVE PARTY.
- All Nomination fees are non-refundable.
- Completed nomination forms shall be returned not later than Monday 24th September, 2018 at the Party’s National Secretariat,
Chief Dike Ogbuehi
National Publicity Secretary, UPP