By Dennis Udoma
American based Non-Governmental Organization, INISO Youth Foundation has inaugurated its Nigerian wing of the organization to coordinate and organize football tournaments ahead of the 2019 edition to mould local talents for foreign soccer engagements.
The foundation, established in 2017, is aimed at promoting young football talents for competitions within the local scene and abroad, while building character and skills to realize their dreams.
This year’s grand finale of the event took place on April 1, 2018 at Etinan Local Government of Akwa Ibom State, South-South Nigeria where Urban Ward 1 emerged winner, while Ward 2 and North 1 came second and third respectively.
Founder and American banker, Ubong Usen during the inaugural meeting at Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort in Uyo said, he was inspired to establish the foundation to encourage young football talents in Nigeria to contribute to developing the society.
“I didn’t have the platform to express my passion for Nigerian youths but, with this foundation it will provide them the opportunity to showcase their talents”.
The LOC Chairman, Mr. Howard Usen thanked the founder for the confidence reposed in them to organize to organize next year’s tournament and promised to improve upon the past editions.
Usen, who was formerly Head of Marketing at Channels Television and later, Cradle Trust Finance and Securities Limited, Lagos stated that, the event will be open to young football talents from Etinan Federal Constituency of Akwa Ibom State, and appealed to corporate organizations and sports enthusiasts for sponsorship.
The founder is sandwiched in the picture by the 2019 LOC Chairman, Mr. Howard and Co- Chairman, Mr. Ikkake Lawson.
- Banned FIFA chief Blatter attends Moscow match, says: “It’s my World Cup”
- Arsenal brings the Emirates FA Cup to Dubai
- Grand Finale of the GTBank Masters Cup (Season 6) holds on Thursday 29th June 2017
- Minister rallies support for Golf to boost tournaments in Nigeria
- NNPC/MPN graduates 300 under GAP programme, 74 others bag scholarship grants
- Legendary Nigerian footballer Nwankwo Kanu launches N1 Billion Jackpot Lotto to support Kanu Heart Foundation