A group, the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF), has expressed its support for the #ENDSARS protests sweeping through some states of the country, saying that the action is “a qualitative leap in the development of political consciousness of Nigerian Youths.”
In a statement by Abia Onyike, its Spokesman, ADF also said that “all freedom loving people in the world must support and join forces with this popular uprising to end impunity and repressive governance in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Full text of the statement reads:
After a critical look at the on- going mass protest by Nigerian Youths against the impunity exhibited overtime by the Police SARS, the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) hereby states as follows:
1. That ADF supports the ENDSARS peaceful mass protest embarked upon by segments of Nigerian Youths in most cities across the country. ADF sees the peaceful protest as a qualitative leap in the development of political consciousness of Nigerian Youths.
2.ADF commends the Youths for their courage and determination to engage in a popular mass resistance to register their opposition against state terrorism as manifested in the pervasive culture of Police brutality, impunity and extra-judicial execution of Nigerians without due process and without diligent prosecution.
3.ADF calls on the Federal Government and the Police Authorities to set up an independent Judicial Panel of Inquiry to probe into the extra judicial killings by SARS with a view to bringing erring Police Officers to book.
4. The government of PMB should make up its mind to do away with all forms of impunity in the land. Extra judicial killings by some groups such as Fulani Herdsmen meted out against innocent Nigerian citizens, with the tacit support or ambivalence of the powers that be and elements within the security agencies must be halted forthwith.
5. Nigeria should be saved from descending into a society founded on lawlessness, where people are murdered with impunity in several killing fields of man’s inhumanity to man.
6. The reaction of some elements amongst the Northern Governors is evidence that SARS is their collective instrument for the colonization of the South and some segments of the North. It is another way of confirming to the world that the Fulanization agenda which Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi arrogantly amplified recently before the whole world was real.
7. ADF sees the current mass Youth uprising as the high tide of the people’s total rejection of Fulani domination and as signalling its total defeat.
8. All freedom loving people in the world must support and join forces with this popular uprising to end impunity and repressive governance in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.