Mr. Kennedy Uzoka,
GMD/CEO of UBA invites all to join the Chairman of the frontline bank, Tony Elumelu, at the second edition of the UBA Africa Conversations in celebration of Africa Day, which will bring together senior political leaders and policymakers to define an African response to COVID.
Uzoka says, with over 60% of Africans living below the poverty line, the pandemic poses an existential threat to our economic growth and this session will define the lessons learned and the roadmap to economic growth and sustainability.
The Speakers include:
- H.E President Macky Sall, President of Senegal
- H.E President George Weah, President of Liberia
- Senator Chris Coons, US Senator and Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Prof. Okey Oramah, President, Africa Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Peter Maurer, President, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Amir Ben Yahmed, President, Africa CEO Forum
Moderated By: Tony O. Elumelu, Group Chairman, United Bank for Africa (UBA) & Founder, Tony Elumelu Foundation
Date: Monday, May 25, 2020
Time: 3 – 4pm (WAT)
Theme: UBA Africa Day Conversations 2020: Growth, Jobs, and Sustainable Development Amidst a Global Pandemic
Join the conversation
The UBA Africa Day Conversations 2020: Growth, Jobs and Sustainable Development Amidst a Global Pandemic, will begin at 15:00 WAT (16:00 CAT, 10:00 EST, 14:00 GMT) today in English | Française.
Here are additional time zones for this event:
Burkina Faso: 2:00pm
NYC, USA 10:00am
ON, Canada: 10:00am