The governorship flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, Kolawole Olusola, has openly acknowledged Ayo Fayose, the state governor as his “political father”.
Speaking at an interview on Sunday, Olusola, who is also the current Deputy Governor of the state, said he is proud of Fayose, adding that it is “good” if he is regarded as “Fayose’s boy”.
He said: “I have a political father who is Peter Ayodele Fayose and I am proud of him. The issue at stake is Ekiti State and the buck stops at my table when I become governor. If I am Fayose’s boy, good. The most important thing is that Ekiti State comes first and my performance is what matters.”
He criticised his main opponent in the forthcoming election, Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC), accusing him of sinking the state in debt while he governed the state.
Fayemi was governor of the state between October 2010 and October 2014. He lost the bid for a second term to Fayose.
Olusola expressed confidence that his party would once again floor Fayemi at the poll, come July 14.
“Ekiti people are behind us,” he said.
“They are behind Olusola Eleka and Fayose. They are behind PDP and you can be rest assured that we are going to win come July 14.
“As a professor with 24 years teaching experience in the academics, not only that, I have mentored many people. So, I believe I have the required background, intellectual capacity and exposure to govern Ekiti State.”
- APC Congress: We’re demonstrating that we’re a law abiding party; that we believe in tenets of democracy – Asiwaju Tinubu
- My candidature will fast-track defeat of PDP, says Ojudu
- Apology not enough, return Ekiti looted funds, PDP guber candidate tells Fayemi
- Fayose raises alarm over alleged plot by Fayemi to implicate him, PDP leaders with murder
- Oshiomhole, an election rigger, fake comrade Obasanjo bribed severally – Fayose explodes
- When the US envoy came calling on Ekiti… By Adesina Wahab