Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Wednesday dissolved the Sokoto State Executive Council with immediate effect.
The dissolution according to him is aimed at restructuring and re-strategising the cabinet for optimum efficiency and service delivery to the people of Sokoto State.
In a statement signed on Wednesday by the state Director General, Media and Public Affairs, Mallam Abubakar Shekara, the governor expressed appreciation to the people for cooperating with and supporting the outgoing members of the Council.
Tambuwal also appreciated members of the Council for their dedication, sacrifice and loyalty to the administration.
The cabinet dissolution takes effect immediately as the Commissioners are to hand-over the affairs of their respective Ministries to the Permanent Secretaries.
- Kwara Governor dissolves Cabinet, drops Advisers, Assistants
- Akwa Ibom Governor, Emmanuel, sacks Commissioners, Special Advisers; Intense lobby starts for membership of new cabinet
- Heads, CEs of MDAs not affected by Boards’ dissolution—Lagos Govt
- Gov Sani-Bello dissolves Niger State cabinet
- President Buhari shocked by Katsina killings; Bids Ministers farewell
- Ambode drops Commissioners Folarin-Coker, Akinkunmi, Mobereola; Reshuffles cabinet