Alliance (APGA) has witnessed interested chieftains of the party picking up the forms in readiness for the primaries of the party.
One of those that recently took the form for the governorship election is Chief Sir Chibuzo Nduwueze Ziggy Azike.
Chief Ziggy Azike, Omezimba, a prominent Imo State politician and an outstanding legal practitioner, is running for the Imo State Governorship position and was at the APGA Headquarters in Abuja with some of his supporters to collect the Expression of Interest and Nomination Form for the contest recently.
According to a statement by Akunwata Mike Kwentoh, National Organizing Secretary of APGA, the National Working Committee, NWC, of the party met on August 29, 2019 and approved the fees for purchase of Party Forms for the different positions for the 2019 general election:.
The statement by Kwentoh reads:
SALE OF PARTY FORMS FOR THE 2019 GENERAL ELECTIONS
Pursuant to its powers under Articles 12 (3) and 24 of the APGA Constitution 2014 (as amended), the National Working Committee (NWC) of All Progressives Grand
Alliance (APGA) met on 29th August 2019 and approved the following fees for purchase of Party Forms for the 2019 general election:
- PURCHASE AND RETURN OF FORMS
- Purchase and Return of Expression of Interest and Nominations Forms:
4 th – 11th September, 2018.
- Fees for Forms
(i) PRESIDENT: Expression of Interest Form – N5 million
Nomination Form – N20 million
(ii) GOVERNORSHIP: Expression of Interest Form – N2 million
Nomination Form – N8 million –
(iii) SENATE: Expression of Interest – N1 million
Nomination Form – N4 million
(iv) HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Expression of Interest – N500, 000.00
Nomination Form – N2 million
(v) STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY: Expression of Interest – N200, 000.00
Nomination Form – N800, 000.00
- Female Aspirants shall pay only 50% of the fees stipulated above for both the Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms.
- Aspirants for the State House of Assembly shall obtain their Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms from the National/State Secretariats of the Party across the Country.
- Presidential, Governorship and National Assembly Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms are obtainable from the National Secretariat of the Party in Abuja.
- All Forms are obtainable with ONLY certified Bank Draft (non-refundable) made payable to the ALL PROGRESSIVES GRAND ALLIANCE, NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA. e. Upon completion, the Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms shall be returned to the Points of Purchase, accompanied with proof of payments and all relevant documents stipulated therein.
- The Party reserves the right and discretion to issue Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms to credible and eligible Aspirants, any time, before the scheduled primary elections.
- We urge all aspirants to ensure strict compliance with the stipulated directives above and the Party’s Electoral Guidelines for Primary Elections.
- Detailed activities of the Party’s Timetable for the forthcoming primary elections will be made public soon.
AKUNWATA MIKE KWENTOH
National Organizing Secretary, APG