By Yahaya Isah
Abuja, July 22, 2021
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on Thursday took delivery of the first batch of six A-29 Super Tucano aircraft from the U.S.
The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, announced this in a statement in Abuja.
According to Gabkwet, the aircraft arrived Kano, at about 12.34 p.m.
He added that the officials that received the aircraft included the Minister of Defence, Major.-Gen. Bashir Magashi (Rtd); Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.- Gen. Faruk Yahaya and Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao.
- Bandits gun down Nigerian Air Force Jet; Pilot escapes
- NAF takes delivery of additional 5 Super Mushsak aircraft
- President Buhari holds Security Meeting with Service Chiefs
- NAF denies mischievous allegation of coup plan
- NAF combat helicopter crash-lands in Katsina
- Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Ibrahim Attahiru, dies in air crash